Wednesday 14 March 2012

Organic and Machine

For this task we were asked to choose two of our favorite drawing from the first week session and scan them into Photoshop, pick one of them and replace part of the body with mechanical parts.
I like both of these drawings but the second one is the more successful one I think.

I really wasn't sure how to start this task so I did a mood board of any machine parts I found on Google, just to try and generate any idea where I could start.


Still didn't get many ideas from this but I did decide I wanted to do something with pipes and not cogs and stuff so I did another mood board.


I liked the idea of pipes that can bend rather than stiff ones, so the rubber ones would be better to work with. After this mood board I got the idea of replacing neck muscles with pipes so I looked up some images of neck muscles.


After this I tried putting in where the neck muscles would be on my drawing.
Then I replace the muscles with pipes.
I think the pipes could do with being a little thicker but that doesn't matter right now. I wasn't sure what to do next so I looked through loads images on Google to give me some inspiration and I found these:
I thought it would be awesome if someone had a steampunk watch for a head with the pipes coming out of it to connect it to the rest of the body.
It looks like it could do with a few more pipes but I thought they would be around the back of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment