Wednesday 21 March 2012

Organic and Machine 2

I decided not to go with the big watch head because it didn't look right for a mechanic/organic fusion.

Before I start experimenting with mechanical parts again I wanted correct the original drawing. Whilst speaking with the tutor during the last class it was pointed out that the foreshortening in the leg was wrong and he might look a little more human with a face.

I sorted out the leg on paper because I thought it would be easier than doing it in Photoshop.
I wanted to do the face in Photoshop because I'm not very good at drawing them and I didn't want to ruin the paper by rubbing it out to much. I also tried to sort out the foot because it looks like its at an odd angle.
The foot still looks a little odd but that was the best I could get and it's the same with his face. It might look a little better if I add some shading.
I neatened up the outlines as well and I think I was right about the face looking a little better with some shading on it. I haven't shaded the cloth yet but I will do that after I have decided how I have turned part machine. I still like the pipes at the neck so I think the next step is to put them back on him.
I have made the pipes a little bigger like I said I would in a previous post and I think they look a little better. I'm not sure what to do next so I'm leaving it for today and I'm going to do some artist research tomorrow to see what other people have done with this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment