Wednesday 11 April 2012

Cloud Brush Tutorial

One of the smaller tasks we were given is to complete a tutorial teaching us about custom brushes. In this we have to create a cloud brush so we can later use it to create a cloud scene.

I followed the tutorial given and this is the cloud brush I have created:

After changing some of the brush presets to get a more random brush stroke this is what I got from a single brush stroke:
Next is to start the actual cloud image.

I added a gradient of a pale and darker blue for the background and used the cloud brush I just created to make the darker layer of the clouds.


I created a third layer for the light layer of clouds:

I want them to look like they belong together a little more so maybe I'll try and play around with a few brushes to get it looking the way I want, my cloud brush on its own doesn't seem to be doing it properly.


The white cloud is a little to white so I'm gonna play around with the opacity and some of the layer effects to see what makes it look good.

I used the overlay layer effect and set the opacity to 80% to get looking like this and I am reasonably happy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment