Sunday 6 May 2012

Organic and Machine 7

I spoke to the tutor in the last session and she pointed out that the leg was still wrong, it needed to come down more so I have changed  the outline.

I'm not sure how well you can see it in the image above but I have only changed the outline, I don't want to shade or colour the new leg because The next thing I'm going to do is give him some jeans.

I took some photographs yesterday of my roommates leg so I could get the way the fabric goes around the knee. 


I took a few more photos but these two were the only ones I used.


After I did the jeans I also did the correction up near his arm, it looks a lot better than it did before. The next step is to give him some footwear.


I might make the shadows a little more noticeable on the jeans but first I want to finish the guy. I have an idea of wires coming out of his head so he can plug into the bike, I need to find some images to get an idea of how I want to do it.


I'm not sure if Predator actually has wires coming from his head, I chose those images because that's the thickness I want my wires to be, I also like how the pipes are connected to the head in the black and white drawing so I might combine the two. The other images I found really interesting, especially the first one but I have decided it's not what I want for my character.


Had to cut and paste the parts of the wires that went behind the wind shield to change the opacity of just that section so it looked like it went behind it. I have also finished up the wheels. The only thing left to do now is finish the shading on the connectors in his head and give it some kind of background.


This is the finished piece, I didn't want a fancy background because I didn't want it taking away focus from the character.


No comments:

Post a Comment