Monday 14 May 2012

ZBrush Project - Teaset


For my self directed Zbrush project I have decided to make the tea set that I designed for my prop.
This is the tea set from that project:

I will be starting with the tray because it seems like the easiest part.

Using the alpha menu and a black and white image of the shape, I made my shape 3D.


I then painted on a mask for my Japanese writing and inverted it afterwards, used the size option in the deformation menu and made the writing look more like an engraving.


The next thing to do is to make the cup. 


I used a lot of masking and the functions in the deformation menu to get this shape from a cylinder.


I masked out the pattern and then inverted the mask and used the size option with z,x and y active. Polypainting is next and I'm going to try and get it the same shade of green as my prop design, the inside of the indents of the pattern will be a darker shade of green. I want to use an alpha brush to get the lines in a lighter shade of green to try and make it look a little more like wood.


I need to do the polypainting for the tray next but I want to do it in a purple colour instead.


After doing this I duplicated the cup five times and I placed them all where I wanted them.


The colours aren't exactly what my prop was but it is the best I can do in ZBrush, hopefully after some more practice in future projects I can work ZBrush a little better.
The only object left to make is the teapot.

No comments:

Post a Comment