Sunday 6 May 2012

Prop 6

The first thing I have tried to do is draw the outline of the tray.

It hasn't really worked out, looks very weird and misshapen and not really round. 
I'll try using the image of the tray I designed to get the outline.
This is looking a lot better, I just rotated it a little and used the free transform tool to get this shape, I think I can definitely get my outline from this.

What I want to do next is to add my colour and wood texture to the tray.

The next part is to add the Japanese writing and start drawing the cups onto the image.





These are the steps I took for drawing the cup. I used circular guidelines to get kind of shape I wanted, then did the outline and added the colour.
I then copied and pasted the outline and colour five times and moved them around to place them where I wanted.
I have now got to go through the same process again of adding the wood texture to my cups.
I don't think these colours match very well but I don't want to change the colour of the tray, maybe a darker colour for the cups would go a little better.
I prefer this colour with the tray, all I did was change the overlay layer effect into a multiply effect. The teapot is next and I think drawing it on will be roughly the same as drawing the cups on.
I have forgotten to add the add the handle to the teapot, I think the handle will be down against the teapot because I'm not drawing anyone holding it. I'm also going to crop the canvas size because there's a lot of space that I don't need.

Again, I need to add the wood texture and use the same layer effects as on the cups.


I need to add the pattern onto everything, using the same things I have used before, emboss filter and a pin light and multiply layer effects.


It's all looking a little flat right now but that should change when I add shadows and lighting to it. I think I will go and look at some still life images and see how the lighting is done in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment