Sunday 6 May 2012

Prop 5

After leaving it for a while and coming back to it, I decided to have the pattern in the middle instead of at the top.


The last thing I had to design was the tray. I really liked the shape of this:

I thought maybe the teapot could sit in the middle of it and the cups could go on the bits coming out of it. Looking at this I decided having eight cups was a little too many so I'm going to have six instead. This is the shape I want:


It's a little chunkier and smoother  than the shape above but it's going to be used as a tea tray so I thought it went quite nicely.

I like the idea of having Japanese writing on it but don't want what is on the original image, mainly because I have no idea what it says, so I have done a little research into other Japanese words that would be suitable for a tea tray. These are the six that I decided upon:

Tea  ティー
Coffee  カフェ
Milk  ミルク
Sugar  シュガー
Oolong  ウーロン
Green  グリー

This is the website I used to translate from English to Japanese: 

This is the website I used to double check that it was correct:

My tray with the words put onto it:

All I have to do now is put my colour on it and the wood texture so it matches my teapot and cup. I don't think I'm going to make it the same colour as them though, it might make it look to boring, making it darker might be better.


The rings in the middle I thought I would add for some decoration but don't know if I'm going to keep them yet, also I'm not sure if this colour will go well with the colour of the teapot and cup. The next step is to put all three items together so I'll make these decisions when I have done that and make changes then.


No comments:

Post a Comment