Sunday 29 April 2012

Prop 4

Wasn't sure what to do next so I looked back on the few photos I chose and I started looking at the sword.


I remember I really liked the pattern on the sword but I can't really see it in this photograph.

I put it into Photoshop and tried to draw over it as best I could. This is what I could get.


I'm not sure if this is exactly right but it's the best I could get, I'm going to neaten it up and change the end of it and put the pattern on my cup.


I got the shape the way I wanted by using the distort tool, emboss filter and two layers, the first with a pin light layer effect but it wasn't dark enough so the second is a multiply.

I'm pleased with the design of the cup, it's simple and the pattern is pretty. The next part is designing the matching teapot. The process is gonna be almost the same so I'm hoping it won't take to long to do.

This is the outline.


I followed the same process as my cup, added the colour, basic shadow, the wood and the pattern with the layer effects.


The bottom pattern  is fine but I don't like the top one, I don't think I placed it right so I'm gonna try it somewhere else.


Not sure which one I prefer but I don't have to decide right now, I'll take a break from it and when I come back I'll decide then.

No comments:

Post a Comment