Friday 20 April 2012

Organic and Machine 6

After my last post I have sorted out the windshield, done some highlights/shadows, changed the back wheel a little and added colour to the image.


I wanted to design my own tire tread for the bike, so the first thing I did was look at some that already exist.


I like the ones that have both straight and curvy lines so my design for the tire tread has both.
It's a simple enough design to easily add into my drawing but I think it looks quite interesting as well.


After speaking with the tutor in class, she suggested I change some things about my work before I continue with it. The pipes going into his cheek should be changed so they go under the jaw line, his arm on the left side looks odd so I need to correct that and the bike is way to small for him. I have spent the last few hours correcting two of these, mainly the bike, and have added the tire tread and sorted out some more shadows.


I do think the bike looks a lot better now and I asked a couple of different people if they thought it was in proportion before I continued. I still need to correct his arm but I will do that next time, I also need to sort the metal bits on the wheels and give him some clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment