Wednesday 18 April 2012

Prop

For this task we have been asked to design a prop and build using ZBrush. The trip to the Leeds Royal Armoury was to gather reference material to help give us some ideas and to influence our design.

As you can see from a previous post I took lots of photographs from this trip and the ones I really like are these ones:


I know I definitely want to do something with at least one of these but I'm still not sure what, I want to do something Chinese or Japanese because I really like designing that kind of stuff.

I've been to the Royal Armoury before and took loads of photographs then as well, I think I'll look through those photos and see if there is anything there that will give me a more solid idea.

I found a couple of photographs of a Japanese tea set which I took from my previous trip.

I think I like the idea of designing my own tea set for my prop but not too sure yet, may I'll just try sketching some rough ideas in Photoshop and see if anything sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment